14 Resources to Help Select, Apply to, and Afford Law School, Medical School, and other Graduate Schools
Curious about how to successfully apply for an MBA, Medical degree, Law degree, or Social Work degree? This list of resources will answer questions such as:
- What are the best ways to study for the GMAT, the GREs, the MCAT, and the LSAT?
- How do you pick the best graduate program?
- When are the best times to apply to Grad School?
- What are some tips to get financial aid for Grad School?
Standardized Testing (Including Tips for Procrastinators!)
- Conquering the GMAT: A breakdown of the sections on the exam, information about average scores for top schools, study tips, and an explanation of scoring.
- GRE Prep advice: Three tips on ways to prep and plan your studying for the GRE.
- 1 Month GRE Study Plan: Organize your studying if your exam is only one month away!
- Top 10 MCAT Study Habits: Study habits are important for all exams, but these tips are specific to the MCAT.
- MCAT Study Guide: A whopping 109 tips for preparing for the MCAT.
- Top 10 Last-minute LSAT Study Tips: Are you a procrastinator? You might be in need of these 10 tips for last-minute studying.
- How to go faster at LSAT Logical Reasoning: On a timed exam, improve your speed while maintaining your accuracy.
Selecting a Grad School
- How to choose the right graduate school program: Consider the direction you want your life and career to go in when choosing a program.
- On the art of selecting a graduate program: 4 tips written by a PhD student for choosing where to apply for graduate school, and 4 tips for choosing a program once you have been accepted.
Applying to Grad School
- Graduate School Application Timeline: Worried about how soon to start the application process? This is the best-case scenario.
- Applying to Graduate School — US News: Links to many articles about all aspects of graduate school. For example, Pick the Right Graduate Degree in Nursing, and 10 Best Public B-Schools for a Full-Time MBA.
- Your Social Work Graduate School Application: 14 tips for your Masters of Social Work application to help you get an acceptance letter
Paying for Grad School
- Tips to pay for grad school: Navigate student loans to pay for grad school and learn how to balance finances with academic success.
- How to pay for graduate school: Guide on paying for grad school that includes info about university financial aid offices, student loans, and savings plans.
- Getting loans for graduate school: From LendEDU.
“Don’t let the fear of the time it will take to accomplish something stand in the way of your doing it. The time will pass anyway.” — Earl Nightengale
“It always seems impossible until it’s done” — Nelson Mandela
Need more assistance with writing your college application essay? Check out the free Essay Coaching quizzes here. Would you like to work with an award-winning writer who helps businesses, authors and students tell their story in a compelling, meaningful way? Write Debbie Merion: Debbie@EssayCoaching.com