Apply Now for these 20 College Scholarships
May 19, 2014. Essay Coaching has compiled a helpful list of scholarships for students seeking funds for college. The scholarships in the list below have deadlines in May and June of 2014. In addition, there is information at the end of this blog on a terrific federal government internship, which has a deadline of July 1.
– U.S. Bank Scholarship: Award = $1000, Deadline = May 29th, 2014
- The U.S. Bank Scholarship is available to high school seniors and college undergraduate students. You must be a U.S. citizen or permanent resident to be eligible for this award.
– Student of the Month Scholarship: Award = Varies, Deadline = May 31st, 2014
- StudentoftheMonth.org is the first and only national Student of the Month program. We are looking for students who are going to make the future a better place with diverse set of accomplishments both academic and extracurricular. We are looking for students who are curious and hungry to learn. Tell us about all of your learning which can include formal education, informal education, travel, internships, books, events – anything you do to learn. Tell us what you are passionate about learning and outline how you will spend the $1,000 helping you learn.
– College Prowler $2,000 No Essay Scholarship: Award = Varies, Deadline = May 31st, 2014
- Students can use the money to help cover tuition, housing, meal plans, books, computers, or any education-related expenses. The scholarship is open to all high school and college students and those planning to enroll in the next 12 months. No GPA or essay required.
– $1000 Cappex Easy College Money Scholarship: Award = Varies, Deadline = May 31st, 2014
- The $1,000 Cappex Easy College Money Scholarship is an easy scholarship offered every month. There is no GPA requirement and no essay to write! All you have to do is create a Cappex profile and tell us what you do in your free time.
– $1000 “Pursue Your Passion” Scholarship: Award = Varies, Deadline = May 31st, 2014
- Your passion and your plan to pursue it. Your passion, plan for pursuing it and your Degreed profile are the basis for selecting winner. Degreed allows you to enter your courses, grades, and degrees and as well as books, events, articles and videos. A 100 word essay is required. Degreed reviews all scholarship applicants’ profiles; the final winner is selected by our scholarship committee and notified by email. The winner will be required to provide an official transcript.
– Scholarship Points $10,000 Scholarship: Award = $10,000, Deadline = May 31st, 2014
- ScholarshipPoints will award a $10,000 scholarship to one lucky member during May. All you have to do to become eligible is become a ScholarshipPoints member and log in. It’s simple, fun, and completely free! All you have to do to qualify is become a ScholarshipPoints member and log in.
– CaptainU $2,000 Student-Athlete Scholarship: Award = $2,000, Deadline = May 31st, 2014
- CaptainU, the leading college sports recruiting platform, is awarding a $2,000 scholarship every quarter to a top student-athlete looking to play at the next level. You can get noticed by over 16,000 college coaches and find the college programs that are the right fit for you and make a college team
– ProofreadingServices.com Scholarship: Award = $500, Deadline = June 1st, 2014
- The ProofreadingServices.com Writing Scholarship is available to high school, undergraduate, and graduate students. To be considered, you must submit a 750 – to 2000 – word essay based on the following prompt: “Make a bold prediction about something in the year 2025 that, to the best of your knowledge, no one else has made a prediction about. Convince us this will come true.” A minimum 3.2 GPA is also required.
– Brad’s Deals Scholarship: Award = $2000, Deadline = June 15th, 2014
- The Brad’s Deals Scholarship is available to high school seniors and undergraduate students. To be considered, you must submit a 500 – word essay explaining how your college experience is or will be enabled by remarkable frugality, ingenuity, effort, or thrift. A minimum 3.0 GPA is required
– $10,000 Clothes Recycling Scholarship: Award = $10,000, Deadline = June 20th, 2014
We are now accepting applications for the U.S. Department of State 2015 Spring Student Internship Program (unpaid).
Click here (https://www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/369816600) to go directly to USAJobs to start the Gateway to State online application. Please note that the deadline to submit completed applications is July 1, 2014.
This program offers U.S. citizen undergraduate and graduate students the opportunity to participate in 10-week, unpaid internships that provide intensive educational and professional experience within the environment of America’s principle foreign affairs agency.
The unpaid internships are available at many of the over 270 U.S. embassies, consulates and missions to international organizations around the world, as well as at the Department of State in Washington, D.C. and other locations throughout the U.S. Participants gain first-hand, hands-on experience, and learn the realities of working in – and with – Foreign and Civil Service professionals who are at the forefront of America’s diplomatic efforts.
As an unpaid intern, you may have the opportunity to:
- Participate in meetings with senior level U.S. government or foreign government officials;
- Draft, edit, or contribute to cables, reports, communications, talking points, or other materials used by policy makers in furthering U.S. foreign policy objectives;
- Help organize and support events, including international and/or multi-lateral meetings and conferences on critical global issues;
- Contribute to the management and administration of the Department of State and America’s foreign policy; and
- Engage directly with U.S. or foreign audiences to promote U.S. foreign policy and improve understanding of U.S. culture and society.
So consider spending your Spring 2015 with the U.S. Department of State, witnessing and participating in the formulation and implementation of U.S. foreign policy, working closely with the U.S. diplomats and civil servants who carry out America’s foreign policy initiatives. You’ll not only have an experience of a lifetime, you may even earn educational credit.*
* Applicants who are selected for a U.S. Department of State Student Internship Program (unpaid) can contact the selecting bureau, or the central Student Programs office, if they require further details about the program to support their request for academic credit.
Please visit http://careers.state.gov/intern/which-program-is-right-for-you for more information about the Spring 2015 Student Internship Program (unpaid), and to start the online application process via USAJobs. Please note that the deadline to submit completed applications is July 1, 2014.
We appreciate your interest in a career with the U.S. Department of State.
Visit our forums if you have any questions, or to search for topics of interest. The forums can be found under Connect on the careers.state.gov website. You can also search our FAQs for more information.
U.S. citizenship is required. An equal opportunity employer.