Six Opportunities in a College Application Essay
June 19, 2012. If you are dreading your college essay, or stressed out about it, try looking at it differently:
- Take one incident or thought and enlarge upon it.
- Describe how you’ve taken initiative.
- Light up about a passion.
- Demonstrate your creative writing skills.
- Describe (without making excuses for) extenuating circumstances– “red flags” in your transcript.
- Take the time to reflect on your past and how that affects your present and your plans for the future. What have you done and experienced that has made you the person you are today?
Remember, keep your eye on the prize. “No one ever died from writing.” – Natalie Goldberg, author of Writing Down the Bones.
Need more assistance with writing your story or your college application essay? Write firstname.lastname@example.org. We educate and motivate. You create.