March 17 Deadline to Apply for Ann Arbor Area Community Foundation (AAACF) Scholarships
January 27, 2015
The Ann Arbor Area Community Foundation’s (AAACF) online scholarship application system is now accepting applications. All applications are due on March 17, 2015 (unless otherwise noted on the AAACF website). In 2014, the Ann Arbor Area Community Foundation scholarship funds awarded $181,264 to help 156 local students continue their education.
There are a number of scholarships available to high school and college students in Southeastern Michigan, including the ones below. Please click on the individual scholarship name to be linked to more information about the scholarship (criteria, requirements, etc.)
- Morse B. Barker Memorial Scholarship
- Bruce Bartman Memorial Scholarship
- Linda Grasselli Sprankle Scholarship
- Nathan Lyndell Hall Memorial Scholarship
- Joseph & Yvonne Dulin Scholarship
- additional scholarships here
High school counselors can help with the application process by either of these two methods:
- Counselors email the student’s transcript and/or letter of recommendation to firstname.lastname@example.org and AAACF will upload the documents to the profile
- Counselors log into the student’s account (with student’s permission) and upload the transcript and/or letter of recommendation directly to the student’s application
Students can also apply on their own. To apply, a students obtains his or her transcript and letter of recommendation and uploads it directly to the application. Click below for instructions, helpful screenshots and a sample application.
[Read “8 Top Sources of College Scholarships” and other recent college application news at January 6, 2015: Five Headlines about College Applications]
[Need more assistance with writing your story or your college application essay? Would you like to work with an award-winning writer who helps businesses, authors and students tell their story in a compelling, meaningful way? Write Debbie Merion: email@example.com ]